This training course will give the delegates an introduction and overview of food defense, food fraud and explore guidelines, legal requirements, and standards in use alongside GFSI expectations. It explores authenticity plans to help you map your supply chain and the importance of food defense plans.
It further aims to give delegates an introduction to assure the authenticity of food by minimizing the chance of an attack by performing a threat assessment of your organization, operation, supply chain, process and products. Using risk assessment techniques, you will identify where controls and mitigation strategies may be required to minimize and mitigate an ‘attack’.
The course includes references to current examples, the application of so food defense assessment tool and group activities. You will develop practical skills and the confidence to implement PAS 96:2017 to strengthen food defense at your organisation.
Various activities will be completed.
An examination will be completed at the end of the course.
- Gain an overview of the requirements relating to food defense.
- Gain an understanding regarding why food defense is critical to your business and reputation.
- Gain an understanding of the different types of threats, motivations, and opportunities of potential attackers within the food sector.
- Gain an overview of food security management.
- Gain insight into the development of food defense plans and mitigation strategies.
Module 1: Introduction of food defense and food vulnerabilities
Module 2: VACCP
- Food fraud incidents
- VACCP process
Module 3: TACCP
- Overview of TACCP
- TACCP process
- Role of staff in food defense
Module 4: Responsible plans
Module 5: Authenticity
Module 6: Authenticity Testing